From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Victoria Vaughan
Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2011 5:42 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Moving Music from iPod to Computer

Hi Dan, I have not done this, but here are the steps given by Anna Dresner:
Good luck! Vicky
1. Connect the iPod. When iTunes opens, if you're asked if you want to sync
with your iTunes library, say no, and enable disk use.

2. Use Windows Explorer to copy the iPod Control folder into the folder you
use for your iTunes library. This will copy all the music, but the file
names will be seemingly random combinations of letters and numbers.

3. Go to PReferences in iTunes by pressing Control-Comma. Switch to the
Advanced tab in this multi-page dialog box, and check the Keep iTunes media
folder Organized check box.

4. Go to the File menu in iTunes, choose ADd Folder to LIbrary, and select
the iPod control folder. All the music will be added to your iTunes library,

and iTunes will name all the files based on their tags, so if the title,
artist and album tags are correct, the music will be named and organized
correctly.