Okay well a couple of points I'd like to comment on.

I know various people around the world who have them and who have tested the
update software.

Yep, it would appear to be a challenge for a blind person to use it would seem,
the people I know have sight so they've used it and all report that no updates
are available at this time.

I take your point about bluetooth devices but you certainly do not need a
bluetooth device on hand to use one of these things, as I said they have a
line-in socket thus make a truly marvelous portable speaker system, I plug a
very nice Denon tuner into mine for example.