I never knew who made apple flac, so misunderstood the message, thanks for the knowledge.

-----Original Message----- From: David McLean
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 9:04 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: audio quality

Apple lossless is ALAC.  I've never seen anything encoded with it however.
On Nov 13, 2011, at 7:37 AM, Richard Claypool wrote:

my bad, I thought flac was apple lossless.

-----Original Message----- From: Brent Harding
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2011 3:26 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List

Yes, but that could change now that Apple recently made it open source. I
don't know what would make it any better than flac, shn, or any of the
others except if you used an Ipod, now you can generate the files with other
tools.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hamit Campos" <hamitcam...@gmail.com>