Hi!

I think it was in January this year when I first became aware of Reaper Audio Production software and i asked the list about it.

Since that time Reaper has undergone several upgrades and I've finally had time to have a good play with the software.

In my opinion this is the best audio Production software I've ever come across, I've not tried it for editing yet but I've certainly tried multi track recording and manipulation.

I don't think I'll be doing any Midi work for a while but when i start? Well I won't have to look too far within the software to find everything I need.

Reaper is another one of those pieces of software which will be going into the Bargain Basement Price Basket, one can buy a non-commercial discounted licence for reaper for $60.00 and this includes all upgrades and updates until the next major release - in this case we're up to reaper 4.13 now so the Licence will cover you up until Reaper 5.10 so you'll get quite a few free upgrades into the bargain. -

I've not done much with Reaper yet on the Windows PC but I've used it quite extensively on the Mac with no major accessibility issues to report thus far.

I would suggest that if anyone is thinking of trying Reaper then they ought to download the Reaper User Guide but be warned, the manual is huge at 19MB in size.

There's a lot of stuff in this publication and you'll soon be following along or skipping sections easily to find exactly what it is you need to know.

--
sent from my HP Powerhouse Notebook.