I'll throw a forth player into the discussion, I like Itunes, the people at GW Micro have - at long last - done a great job with the iTunes scripts and it works like clockwork.

the software can be a little challenging for beginners but there are plenty of help guides and tutorials around.

I mainly like iTunes I have to admit for the "Smart Playlist" feature where you can create aplaylist and literally programme it to play what you want to be played, for example if a song has been played over so many times, if a song was added on a particular date and so on.