Hi again!
What follows are very first impressions of the JBL Onbeat Air speaker system.
Unfortunately I’ve only been able to play with the dock connector of the
system, the “Airplay” facility is going to require some extra help, in other
words someone with some sight.
System sounds excellent, well worth the $299.00 purchase price. Plenty of
clarity across the spectrum plus plenty of volume.
Onbeat requires the installation of an IOS app, when you first plug an IOS
device into the dock you’re prompted to install the app.
It would seem that parts of this app are inaccessible so that’s what I mean
when requiring extra help to set the Onbeat Air up for complete “Airplay”, this
is the system which allows the user to “Stream” audio/video from a computer and
so on to the Onbeat Speaker system.
Onbeat Air comes with a 10 button remote control, I haven’t explored this yet.
The system has the best dock connector I’ve seen, its very solid and the IOS
feels thus when connected.
The IOS device can be orientated into either “Landscape” or “Portrait” mode and
that’s a convenient addition to the system.
Using the supplied adapter stand its possible to connect an iPad to the system.
On the back of the system are a number of sockets and buttons, 1 button turns
on and off the power and there are sockets for line-in, power supply, USB in
and a video out composite jack for watching movies or TV shows from your IOS
device on a television or such.
I’ll write more when I’ve been able to get the “Airplay” facility going.