Did you try the volume? Sounds like it's too low.

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of aadorno1
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2012 8:11 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: need help with skipe on my lap top.

hi list I have a lap top running skike, and windows 7 with jfw 11.
now this laptop has a built in mic and web cam now for some reason when I do
the voice test on skipe my voice does not come out, but if I tap the built
in mic then I hear something. I tried setting the mic and a hole bunch of
other things. can any one tell me what I am doing wrong.
thanks so much angel.