This is probably a simple step I'm missing.

When I open a file, the program opens but the file does not.  The last file
I'd played is apparently highlighted cause if I use the play command that's
what I get.

Something I checked or didn't in preferences?

Must have had the problem before having had my stroke last year cause
recently Creative media was my preference and can't imagine doing that.
Trying to relearn all this stuff is hard.  Lol.  I'm also typing with one
hand nowadays as feeling has been blunted.