Yep, you would need some video capture device from Haupauge or some one.
They make this kind of stuff. Thing is, you'd be using the computer to
capture the video, and then burn it to DVD with the computer. Good luck.

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of joanne
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 1:57 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: can shows recorded in DVR be put onto a DVD disc?

No she is recording from her Dish Network onto her DVR.  I think with cable
it's called T VO.  I just wondered if she could somehow clear her Dish DVR
by giving me my shows on a CD or DVD, since it'll be awhile before I get
back and she's recording quite a lot for me.  I just wondered if something
could be hooked up to her TV--kind of like we did with our VCR's--and she
could put some shows on a disc so I could just play them and erase the disc.