If you are going to join Mushroom FM, I think they ask you to listen to a tutorial, about Station Playlist Creator and such, but, I could be wrong about that, now. They have a pretty extensive audio tutorial, that both Jonathan Mosen and Brian Hartgen recorded, about a year or more ago; go find out about that!
HTH,

-Mac-

-----Original Message----- From: mbern6...@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:08 PM
To: pc-audio@pc-audio.org
Subject: broadcasting software

hello fellow listers:
I'm planning to join the team of djs at mushroomFM sometime in the near
future. I've finally got a mic, all I need now, is the necessary
broadcasting software. I'm trying to decide between Stationplaylist
Studio and Winamp. I've heard that both programs are  capable of
broadcasting content online. The only trouble is, I'm on a tight
budgit, and can't aford expensive equipment. Have any of you ever used
either of these two programs? if so, what's it like to use them? Are
either of them accessible with a screen reader? I'm basically looking
for software that will allow me to turn the mic on and off at any point
during the show, and be able to talk over the music and get a balance
between my voice and the audio going out over the air. I know this can
be done with an audio mixer, but I don't have one. Is having one
necessary to broadcast online? Finally, does anyone know of a software
program that I could use as a virtual cart machine to play sound
effects? Thanks.
Mike
Rochester, NY.