I so far can't answer your question, as mine appears to play .mid files ok. Just wondering though: is there any specific reason you have your output plugin set to wave out instead of "direct sound"? My understanding was that the latter was supposed to supercede the former in most cases, but I'm not really sure why. Other than my default plugin, my setup is just about exactly the same as yours, down to the OS and everything.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Howard Traxler" <how...@traxlerenterprises.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2013 6:25 AM
Subject: Winamp & MIDI Files?

Hi all,
On this computer, I'm running Windows XP Pro, JAWS 11, with Winamp 5.621 with output plug-in Nulsoft WaveOut Output V2.113 (d) [wave_out.dll]. I'm satisfied with the way it handles most file types, but It won't play MIDI files. Is there an adjustment to the plug-in to make it play MIDI files or should I be using a different plug-in?

Thanks.
Howard