Hi List.

I'm trying to make a recording via my PC line-in source, but am failing
miserably! Any helpful tips gratefully received.

I've got my levels set at 80% and am using Goldwave to record, but I can barely
hear the source and messing about with the levels doesn't appear to make any
difference. Also, when I run a test on the line-in I'm told that its not
receiving anything on the left channel, but yet when I listen carefully to the
speakers I can hear something coming in on both channels.

I really don't know what to try next, can anyone offer up a suggestion as to
where I'm going so badly wrong?

I'm using Goldwave 5.68 on a Win 7 machine. According to my settings its a
line-in high definition audio device. Listen to this device is checked and
playback is via my default playback device. And the default sample and bit
depth are set at two channel, 24 bit 192000HZ.

Finally, give exclusive   mode applications priority is also checked, although
I've got no idea what it means!

Yes, a recording via PC virgin here, so please be gentle! I'm finding this
whole ordeal rather challenging.

Regards.

Darran