From: "John Chilelli" <j...@neo.rr.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2013 1:53 PM
Subject: SAPI voices

: Hi all,
:
: I am the guy who posted the OT message looking for a copy of WE 7.2 to
: upgrade my copy of 7.11 which has so many problems that 7.2 fixed.
: Anyway, prior to this latest quest to find WE 7.2, I was happily using
: NVDA on a Windows 8 platform.  This is because when I installed nvda on
: my Win 8 platform, to my surprise, I found what I think was a sapi 4
: voice that was so verry clear for me to understand.  The voice I am
: talkingt about sounded to me very much like VO on the Mac.  Then, as I
: had explained in a previous post, I found out that the additional sound
: equipment I need to use isn't yet up to date on the Win 8 platform. And
: now for my question:
:
: 1. Isit true that that voice came with Windows 8?  And if so, is it
: possible to copy that sapi 4 voice and bring it to Windows 7 for nvda to
: use?  I am having such a difficult time of it understanding E-Speak.  I
: need to be doing a lot of reading for work and for school so I need a
: more natural sounding voice to work with.  My lovely wife has copied all
: of the Sapi voices she found on her Win 8 machine onto a cd for me, but
: I don't know where or how to put them into Windows 7.
:
: Any help is truly appreciated!
:
: Blessings,
:
: John
:
: To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
: pc-audio-unsubscr...@pc-audio.org

  • SAPI voices John Chilelli
    • Re: SAPI voices Nancy Shackelford