Joe i'm running windows wx professional with goldwave version 5.68, which you can run on your machine. The options you want are not in the tools menu. They are under the volume menu, whcih you can find in the effects menu.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Giovanelli" <joeg...@earthlink.net>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: an interesting signal level problem

Hello again,

I went through the Tools group and did not find anything about matching volume or maximum volume. I have the cd Reader, Expression Evaluater, File Merger, Control, and perhaps something else.

The version of Goldwave I'm running is 5.58.

This is the last version I can use without moving to Windows 7 or 8. I do not use my PC for very much except to do work with cd's and to download a few things from the net. At this point in my life I do not need nor expect to do much more complicated things.

Do I dare wonder if there's anything more for me to do?

Joe G.