Yes, the ls12 don't talk and it only have 2 mics wile the ls14 speak
and stil maintain the 3 mics. But those mics sound so close to the
ls100, that I think its stil as good option. Its stil a very quiet
recorder and can also record bloo ray quality. I stil wood want the
ls100 if I can, but I also just wanted the ls14 because of the
dedicated line in jac. I stil love the xlr jacs on the 100 and the
fact that it have both a limiter and compressor instead of just a
limmitor. But I want to try and see how many times I can overdub with
the ls14. I can do another podcast in a wile with samples of both
recorders and hopefully I can figure out the metronoom. At least the
14 uses dubble A batteries.