Hi all,

I'm passing on this message for a friend who isn't on the list. If anyone can help please make sure your messages are sent to John at

john-...@bigpond.com

Regards Steve.

From: J & P Machin <john-...@bigpond.com>

Hi Steve,
Please could you ask your friends on pc-audio if someone could advise
me about a problem I have in compressing mono wav files to mono MP3
files using CDex version 1.70 beta 4.
In an earlier version I had, CDex compress mono wav files to mono mp3 files.
Now that I have the latest version of CDex,  I find that when I try to
compress a mono wav file, Sound Forge opens the resulting MP3 file as
two channel stereo.

I think the earlier version of CDex had options in settings in which
you could select Mono, Stereo or J.stereo. These options may not be
what I need to make mono MP3 files. But, I can't find similar options
in version 1.70 beta 4.
Does anyone know if there is a setting in the new version that will
allow me to convert mono wav files to mono MP3 with the view of
producing smaller files than stereo ones?

Thanks for any help

John