I bought it at an ACB auction, but I'll bear this in mind.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Jacobson" <steve.jacob...@visi.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 10:21 PM
Subject: Re: Apple TV

Gary,

You need to plug the Apple TV through an HDMI plug to an HD TV. If your cable box has an HDMI input that can be routed to your TV, that might work, I don't know. Cable boxes I have seen have HDMI OUT to go to a TV, and that will not work. You may need to get some help there from someone who knows what equipment you have.

Once you get the Apple TV connected to a tv and to a sound source, probably your TV speakers, then you need to get voiceover turned on. I believe that the first time you start the apple TV, it will speak a prompt to turn on voiceOver using the little remote control. If it has already been turned on, you may have missed the prompt, but I believe there is a shortcut to turning it on with the remote. Once you have voiceover going, you will need to explore the menus some. You will next need to get it connected to your WI-FI network because everything you watch on it comes through the internet. I believe that you will
next need to enter an Apple-ID and password into the unit.

You might try doing some Google searches to see if anyone has instructions for blind persons. The PDF user's guide is all right but some of the steps are shown in pictures. It is hard to know how much more to try to say without knowing your setup. If you bought it at an Apple Store, they are pretty good to answer questions as well, although this can vary.

Best regards,

Steve