Dane,

do I understand rightly the D.A.B Plus station transmits a normal a.m signal
on the mf band and superimposes the d.a.b therefore a normal a.m set will
hear no signifficant difference, apart from the bandwidth being somewhat
greater?  What frequency was the d.a.b plus signal on?  What happens when a
signifficant distance from the source?  On normal a.m it decreases in level
during day and tends to fade at night, I wonder if d.a.b plus skips as does
a.m and what it sounds like?

I believe it is a great pity we went for the antequated system we have, as
it seems to me d.a.b plus has a good deal going for it.

I did hear a d.a.b plus signal back in 2004 when visiting New York, think
the station was on 770kHz or thereabouts, it was a.m during darkness but had
the d.a.b plus in the day.  I noticed the signal was noticeably wider and
had greater bleed-over, but I was only listening on a standard a.m-type
receiver.

The Fareham  area of Southern England has been Colin
Howard's home  ever since July 1981, only the Lord
himself knows for how much longer this will remain true.