Hi Reese, Brand new on the list, but let me help you with this. In goldwave, simply listen to the point where you want the audio fade to begin. Press the left bracket key to move the start point to that position. Now your edit area is only that last five seconds. In the effects menu toward the bottom is the volume option. In there is fade out. select that. You'll probably want to use the preset, fade to zero lineal, Tab down to preview it and if you like it, just tab to okay to make it permanent to your file.

Mike Thomas
----- Original Message ----- From: "DJ Reese" <atlanticst...@gmail.com>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:25 PM
Subject: Fading out audio

Hi list:

New around here and need a little help with audio spots I am producing for internet radio station.

Got a 45 second audio spot and I wish to start fading it out around 40 seconds into it. Currently using Gold Wave as my sound editor. Is this possible with Gold Wave and if so, how do I go about doing the above process? Thanks!

DJ Reese

Peachtree Radio FM. where some listen to remember and some listen to forget.
www.peachtreeradiofm.com