The CC II has one big problem, it overloads as does the CC Ep so I'd recommend
the Sangean PRD5 over those 2 for that reason alone, also quality control for
the CC EP is absolutely dreadful, I've had 2 of these radios and both have
either fallen to bits or malfunctioned, CCrane customer support were excellent,
they replace the first CC EP I had with another 1 which fell apart so I decided
at that point to just cut my losses and not bother to contact CCrane again.

The CC II is very well built no doubt about it - actually it seems to have been
manufactured by Sangean - but again its been manufactured to a price, there's
no reason whatever why a $150.00 radio such as the CC II should have such
massive overloading problems but it does so there we are.

On the other hand, the $85.00 Sangean PRD5 comes incredibly close to the
sensitivity of the CC II and the CC EP and does not have an overloading problem.

Quality control is excellent and this radio will be a friend of yours for life.

FM performance is quite average but certainly not the worst found in a
mid-sized portable set as this, the best FM performance I've ever seen from a
portable is with the Sangean ATS909x but if its just AM you're after - with
good sounding FM thrown into the bargain - then I doubt you'll find too much
around to beat the PRD5 at the moment.

the CC II and CC EP on FM aren't certainly anything to write home to anyone
about either.