I don't have any immediate plans to purchase the CC II Enhanced, maybe next
year.

All I can say about the PRD5 at the price you quoted is this, its a "Must Have"
and if you have the money then you'll be spending it most wisely if you want
and need a radio which can handle long distance AM reception, I've had a PRD5
for quite some time and I don't regret the purchase whatever, the radio is
probably one of the best kept secrets when it comes to sensitive AM reception,
good selectivity and so on.