I could be wrong but I think WJJZ has a 64K stereo stream, sounds very
reasonable but not quite as good as the Sky.Fm premium streams and that's
perfectly understandable.

Wouldn't be without my Sky.Fm Premium account and the best thing is that most
of my equipment supports Sky.Fm right out of the box in one way or another, the
Denon AVR2113 Surround-Sound receiver has Sky.Fm built-in to the firmware as do
all the Logitech Squeezebox players I have, as you say you can use the Sky.Fm
on your IOS device and stream from that if you like, even my Fritz! Box router
can support Sky.Fm and I can hear their streams through the Fritz! Fon cordless
phone handsets, the only conclusion to be drawn from all this is that Sky.Fm is
incredibly popular.

Getting back to the subject of Smooth Jazz, its unfortunate that we just do not
have any Smooth Jazz stations whatever in Australia.

On 29/09/2013, at 6:57 AM, "Mary Otten" <maryot...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Thanks for this recommendation. I'm always looking for smooth jazz,
> especially of the instrumental variety. What's the bit-rate on WJJZ? I
> Too like Sky FM, especially now that I can get it in Radium on the Mac
> and  combine my radio under just 1 app.
>
> Mary

> pc-audio-unsubscr...@pc-audio.org

Dane Trethowan