From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Steve
Jacobson
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 4:13 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: RE: copying audio cd's onto a computer

John,

Strictly speaking, even though you have audio files on the CD, it is likely
a "data" CD since it is holding many MP3 files.  An
audio CD has a fairly prescribed format and you can only get about 75
minutes, give or take a few, on a CD.  Normally you can
treat a data CD as you would treat an external file.

Are you trying to copy selected files, or do you want to copy the whole CD?
If you are saying the disk was not "finalized," I'm
not certain what the best approach would be.  When you put the CD in, can
you look at the files with Windows Explorer?  If you
can, try pressing the "applications" key, the one that brings up the context
menu, and check to see what options there are.  can
you play the files on your computer?  I am just trying to determine what
functionality is being affected by the disk not being
finalized.  The next time you have a sighted person there, try to determine
if the problem is that you cannot select files to be
copied, or if the problem is with pasting it.  Still, if you can select a
file and press ENTER to play it, then selecting the file
and seeing what the Applications key choices are might be helpful.  I have
seen situations where there was a "copy" option in the
Application Key menu that worked when CONTROL-C did not work, for example,
although that is very rare.  As you may know from the
GW Micro lists, I am also a Window-Eyes user.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

database 8875 (20131004) __________

http://www.eset.com