I've heard people do this for being able to have access to the new IPV6 on their network. It might involve figuring out iptables in linux to forward the vpn, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a vpn image for the pi where you just edit a couple files and plug in the details to the vpn account.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dane Trethowan" <grtd...@internode.on.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 4:19 PM
Subject: Raspberry Pi And VPN Connections

Hi!

As other list members may know I have 2 Raspberry Pi machines here, 1 is used as an Internet Radio Player and the other runs XBMC and is a Media Center, I'm thinking of buying a third Pi for a specific purpose and would be interested in any feedback on the project I'm considering.

I have a Denon AVR2113 Surround-Sound receiver and one of its strengths is its built-in entertainment facilities, that is to say the receiver can connect to online Radio, Spotify, Sky.Fm, Last.Fm and so on.

The big problem is that the Receiver cannot connect to a lot of Internet Radio streams from the U.S. these days due to geoblocking and of course defeating this with a VPN connection is a breeze! on an Android device, IOS Device, Mac or Windows as VPN connections can be established via the respective operating systems Network facilities.

So what to do about the Denon? Well I'm thinking along the lines of having a Raspberry Pi as a sort of VPN gateway for the Denon if you like, meaning that the Pi accepts data from my main home Network via Wi-Fi, connects to a VPN server and then outputs data from that server through the built-in LAN port of the Pi, would this be possible? Would the Raspberry Pi indeed be powerful enough to do this?

I'd be interested in any comments.

Dane Trethowan
Skype: grtdane12
Phone US (213) 438-9741