I'm personally more a fan of the VR Stream than the Book Port Plus, even though, right now I'm using the older generation VR Stream. It seems like the VR Stream has more navigational options than the BookPort Plus. Furthermore, it's more sturdily built Than the BP Plus.
Another thing to consider:
Granted, I've not had to have my VR Stream repaired, however. I tried to get my Bookport plus repaired. I sent it in to hopefully get the USB port and power port fixed and was told it was possible they could fix it. I sent APH $50. Then I get a call stating after over a week or so, that they'd have to send this thing to another country because they didn't want to try fixing the ports due to there being a rather thin motherboard. To It wouldn't have been worth it to do that. me, that was bad business and $50 I could have saved, plus the extra money spent on sending it to them. Never again. All that out of the way, The bookPort Plus does record quite nicely in comparison to the VR Stream older generation. But, I love the more navigation options in the VR Stream over the BookPort Plus.