Exactly so. It isn't as though Winamp is just going to go poof on December 20. I will find another player eventually, but I expect to be using Winamp for a while, maybe quite a while, after the updates stop. The bookmarks will still work, (they are often the same as those for iTunes anyway), the Gracenotes service will still work, so I can keep ripping CDs. I'm just going to keep using it until I get a compelling reason to change, such as a new PC with an OS that doesn't support it, or some new feature that I just positively must have.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "richard claypool" <bellevue....@gmail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 5:20 AM
Subject: Re: Getting Winamp from Ninite.com was RE: Where do you get WinampPro? was RE: Winamp Shutting downonDecember20, 2013

think about it mate, when wibnamp shuts down, no more winamp updates. You'll just have to keep using the version you have now forever, or until there's a version of windows that no longer supports winamp, and the next version won't be out until at least 2015. I'd not upgrade then, until the bugs are out, so another 4 or 5 years of winamp use shall be yours.