Tom, if the radio has an earphone jack, as I think you indicated, I would start there. I would try inserting and extracting the plug several times to see if one of the contacts that restore sound to the speakers has failed. If it's not the contacted may be the amplifier chip on that particular channel that has quit.

Seeing that you have good audio everywhere else, it leaves you with the radio and the earphone jack.

Geoff

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Kaufman
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 2:06 PM
To: Pc-audio@pc-audio.org
Subject: Strange Problem With Computer Sounds Through Radios

Hello list:  I have discovered a strange problem with listening to sounds
from my computer through radios!  I have an FM transmitter that came from
CCrane; my problem is that I'm noticing that if I'm listening to whatever is
on the computer through a mono clock radio that I have in the bathroom, I am
only hearing one channel coming through!  Now the radios in the house that
are boom boxes (stereo) sound fine; both channels play and the computer
speakers are fine!  But that clock radio seems to only be playing one track!
I had thought maybe there was something awry with the transmitter, but as I
mentioned, things sound fine through the other radios (the clock radio used
to sound fine) another thing (and this might be a connection; not sure!  But
I have a set of headphones that I have plugged into the headphone jack of
the computer speaker (can't remember what the brand of speakers these are;
Power Tech or something like it) anyhow, the headphones are only getting
sound through one headphone!  So I figured that this problem was with my
headphones!  However, I plugged these headphones into my Victor Stream, and
it plays through both sides!  So this tells me that there's something
cock-eyed somewhere; but I don't know where!  Does anyone here have any
ideas of where this problem is coming from?  Am running a Windows 7 machine
(a Dell 8700 (hope I have that right) has a Reeltech soundcard in it;
hopefully I have provided enough information for you to work with!  It just
seems odd that the one clock radio plays one channel of whatever is coming
through the computer, when it didn't used to!  Thanks for any and all info
you may be able to provide!

Tom Kaufman