Thanks Rich, I'd heard of that before, now that you mention it.
Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich De Steno" <ironr...@verizon.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:59 PM
Subject: Re: Removing Silence from the Ends of Audio Files

MP3 Direct Cut can directly edit MP3 files and it is much smaller and simpler to use than Audacity.

Rich De Steno

On 1/23/2014 4:52 PM, Evan Reese wrote:
Hey Guys,
I'm downloading albums from a site, (their Creative Commons releases, so it's all legal), but some of the albums have quite a bit of silence at the ends of the tracks. One I got the other day has a bit over two minutes! of silence at the end of each track.

I've been told that Audacity can be used to cut off the end of the track and get rid of the silent part, but I don't know what else I would do with it other than that. It seems like overkill for me. Is there a simpler, preferably cheap or free, solution to removing the silence from these tracks?

Thanks for any advice.

Evan