Okay perhaps I didn't explain things correctly, can't remember exactly what I wrote so I'll try again.

To align the CC 2E radio and you only need do this once.

Press the upper right of the 4 small circular buttons and hold till the radio beeps, - the upper right is to the left of the larger 2 circular buttons -.

When the radio beeps press the upper right button again, radio will start aligning/calibrating from the bottom of the dial and you'll hear the radio stepping through the AM band.

This will take perhaps 4 or so minutes and then radio will stop tuning and you'll be at the 520KHZ end of the AM band.

For your reference the upper right button of the 4 circular buttons is the frequency/time toggle button.