From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Saturday, 15 February 2014 9:15 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Victor Reader Stream Upgrade

So can the Victor Reader Stream handle flash streams like most other
portable Internet Radio devices can?

If it can then I'll certainly look at buying one.
 The new Stream now has the loudest speaker but the Pocket is still the most
accessible recorder and best quality in my view.

Jamie

One thing than can be said about the new Victor Reader Stream is that it has
a far better speaker than the older model but then again, what doesn't!

I'm looking at Daisy players at the moment, the Plextalk Pocket looks a very
attractive option still even though the processor isn't as good as that
found in the Stream, dealers tell me that still the firmware is far better.

The Milestone is also something I'm considering, Bluetooth connectivity is
very appealing.

On 12 Feb 2014, at 11:09 am, Andrea Sherry <sherr...@wideband.net.au> wrote:

> Some may be interested in the latest upgrade for this device. Using the
in-built wireless facility users now have the capability of accessing
on-line radio.
> Hopefully current VRS users have received notification of this change.
> The upgrade can be installed using the update facility of the VRS or can
be downloaded from the Humanware site and then installed.
> Andrea
> --
> Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start
from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad

Dane Trethowan
Skype: grtdane12
Phone US (213) 438-9741
Phone U.K. 01245 79 0598