Hi james, as i said in one of my earlier messages, when i installed foobar on my new computer, which was about three months ago, i went to the bottom of the screen with the numpad. i then arrowed up one line. there was something there, that when i did a left click brought the left and right arrows alive. when one has clicked on this, the line changes, and it becomes the line where the information for the file is shown. i used to have a note about foobar saying what this precise thing on which to click. but, i have unfortunately lost that note. however, i recognised it when i was setting up foobar2000 again. listers, it doesn't matter how you get the hotkeys aliv, as long as you do. so, follow james's instructions is good enough if you can't follow what i have said. brian.