Dane:

If that's the only Sonos unit that you will have, you will require the "bridge".

Cheers.

-----Original Message----- From: Dane Trethowan
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2014 5:57 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Sonos Equipment

Hi!

I posted an article to the list about Sonos and how Google Play will be directly streaming to Sonos equipment though it probably won't be too accessible right now but that got me thinking.

I was able to get a link to a very nice page detailing all the various Sonos speakers and Soundbars available and thought that the Play:1 might be nice in my kitchen on the counter.

So I'm wondering, do you need the Sonos Bridge to transmit to your Sonos equipment such as the Play:1 or is the Play:1 like an AirPlay device which just connects to your Wi-Fi network.

Sent from Dane's iPhone +613400494862