Yep absolutely right and that was one of the main reasons I was looking at the
Stream.

External battery solutions thankfully are a lot less expensive than a Victor
Reader Stream I have some 10000MHA USB battery packs here so - If I need more
power - I just put one of those into my pocket and plug into the iPhone if
required.

I also have a cigarette to USB port adapter which I use when travelling in a
car, GPS takes up a whole heap of power too!