I have a folder with a hierarchy of subfolders with different media
file types in it--mostly MP3 and WAV. I use MP3Gain to add the tag for
setting the playback level of the MP3 files, but I want to use Sound
Forge to process the WAV files. If I knew for sure that Sound Forge
would not re-encode the MP3's, I'd use it to modify their gain as
well, and the rest of this message would therefore not be necessary.
In the batch converter, there is no option to choose only one media
file type. You can either add one file at a time to the list of files
to be processed, or add an entire folder and its subfolders. If you
choose the add folder option, you don't get to choose which file type
is, or file types are, processed. Does anyone else see this as a
drastic oversite, or am I missing something in the setup process for
the batch converter?