This is a good point, however, I was in a band in high school, and there was nothing like being in the middle of that experience. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Laurence Taylor" <g7...@btopenworld.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:31 AM
Subject: Re: listen to music in surrround sound

I love surround for films where you've got things happening all
around you (the battle scenes in Star Wars for example), but for
music I find it a bit pointless; I don't go to a concert and sit
on the stage. For general listening I stick with stereo.

On the other hand, listen in mono and it sounds good where-ever
you are in the room! :-)

--
rgds
LAurence