From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On
Behalf Of Dane Trethowan
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2014 11:33 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: HIMS Inc. Releases New Pocket-sized Media
Player that Gives Blindand Visually Impaired Near-instant
Access to Printed Text

I guess the problem is that Hims Inc has made a device that
they hope will appeal to a mass market, I myself could well
do without a FM and Internet radio, I couldn't believe my
ears when I heard someone say Yesterday that they were going
to buy this device because of its FM radio, what's the use!

On 2 Jun 2014, at 7:01 am, Adrien Collins
<adriencollins22...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> For us in Europe I have just calculated that the cost of
> this gadget will be around £400, not bad but as we already
> have the internet radio on our vr streams mark 2, I am
only
> really interested in the ocr and epub and other reading
> functions, apart from an I device what else would cover
> these features? It looks very good though.
>
> Regards
>
> Adrien

would
> rather spend my money on a new cc radio 2.
>> On 5/30/2014 1:02 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
>>> sorry about repeating everything you wrote <smile>.

the
> website and if you order before june 30 its $695 after
that
> its $749. if you order before may 31, you get free
shipping.
> it ships in late june. i almost dropped the hammer and
> ordered one just now. but i cant help wanting to wait and
> see the reviews on it sence i already have a booksence
that
> i payed $500 for and i just don't know if i'd get my monys
> worth from buying the blaze.this is just my 2 penny's
worth.
> documents that really challenge solutions like Openbook,
> Kurzweil 1000 and the combination of the IPhone 5S, Prizmo
> and the standscan pro. Results need to be much much better
> than the other solutions before I would buy it.

> to the past thread, thus missed it.

what
> others are saying, read reviews etc, I won't be able to
get
> one for quite some time - even if I wanted one - but -
> judging by the Youtube video I referred to earlier - we're
> going to see some most interesting chatter regarding this
> machine in the weeks and months ahead.

> cabability. not sure what that means. it also has a fm
> radio. it seams pretty interesting, but i don't know if
i'll
> drop the over $700 for the thing. its over $700 because
they
> charge shipping. the other thing that bothers me is unlike
> other technology these things don't go down in price. so
if
> you don't buy it right away and want to wait, it doesn't
> matter because the price won't go down. i guess they are
> counting on a lot of agency perchases.
> Ootunes like the victor.

> Media Player that Gives Blindand Visually Impaired
> Near-instant Access to Printed Text

when

http://www.prweb.com/releases/blindness-low-vision-tech/HIMS