Are you listening in the native music app or another app?  The music
app has equalizer presets that can be chosen.  These presets are not
available to other apps though.  With Beats music, I look forward to
Apple taking audio and music more seriously.  The company is rapidly
losing its hip factor with audio support and is quickly becoming an
iTunes selling machine.

Kelly