Where did you hear this info about the real teck sound cards? would be interesting to read it.
On 8/27/2014 11:49 AM, Donald L. Roberts wrote:
The only sound cards I have ever used in windows based PCs are integrated sound cards, and I believe that Real tech is the only brand I have ever had.

It may be necessary for me to purchase a new windows desktop PC running windows 8.1. I seem to recall posts from a year or two ago stating that the quality of integrated sound cards, Real Tech in particular, was deteriorating. So I am posting this to inquire about what to look for and what to avoid in an integrated sound card.

I am not about to spend the kind of money that some on this list have spent for hi end cards, so I would hope that this discussion will be limited to integrated sound cards. In the past, what I have done is to use the integrated card for the music and the USB sound card for the screen reader. I am aware of course that this is the reverse of how hi-end card owners configure their PC.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Don Roberts