Is it possible Express Rip overrides other application settings? I got that
impression using Express Burn some time ago. If so, not very nice.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Steve
Pattison
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 5:37 PM
To: pc-audio@pc-audio.org
Subject: Re: How Do I Tell My Computer I Want Winamp To Play The CD?

Hi Tom,

The answers Dan has given you are completely correct and will definitely
work. However as is often the case in Windows there are several ways to
achieve the same result.

Another method to fix this problem is to change settings in Winamp. When
in the main Winamp Window press Control+P to go to the Winamp
preferences. Tab until you get to a treeview in the preferences dialogue
box and make sure you are on General Preferences by pressing either the
up or down arrow keys. If the General Preferences branch of the treeview
is closed expand it using the right arrow key. Next press the down arrow
key until you get to an item in the treeview called "File Types". Next
press Tab until you get to an option called "Launch Winamp for Audio
CDs". this is a checkbox, make sure it is checked. Next Tab until you
get to a button called Close and press space on that. If everything
worked correctly When you insert an audio CD it should be played in Winamp.

I hope this helps.

Regards Steve.