I tried the original IOS 8 and downgraded back to 7.1.2. I'm using an iPhone 5C and almost all apps had a habit of crashing every few minutes. also, there is this annoying added feature in voice memos that clips sound at times and I couldn't find any way of stopping it from happening.

Also, Voiceover's volume is reduced so much during phone calls that it's almost impossible to hear when you need to select numbers to respond to an automation unit such as a bank's automated phone system. I'm hoping they eventually get those bugs fixed, but until they do, I'm sticking with 7.1.2.