Walter, the thing to keep in mind is that, when you plug it in, it
should say something like "a c adapter connection" or "pc connection".
Then depending on your U S B settings, you must either select the a c
adapter setting, or it will be selected by default. Then once you here
that, you must press enter, it should then speak the promt: "press ok
to start charging" and once you here that you must press the enter key
strait away. You might not here any feedback at that point, but its
very important you press enter at that stage and no other button,
because that dialog will dismiss. What happened to you is that you
plugged it in power, but you did perhaps not confirm the charging
aspect. Then it run on power only. So then you took it out, and when
it turn back on, it gave you free short beeps to confirm that the
battery is stil flat. It did not charge and therefore it only work in
the wall.

Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451
Twitter: smarttalk7