make sure you have ie set up to play sounds in the internet options think there's a setting in there I had the same problem here. if all else fails use Firefox. Chris

-----Original Message----- From: goshawk on horseback
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 2:39 AM
To: PC audio discussion list.
Subject: audio captchas won't play issue.

hello all,
have recently had a machine upgraded from XP to windows 7 ultimate 64bit, but am having a problem with audio captchas. they just won't play, and I can't seem to find what the problem is. apart from running IE 11 instead of IE 8, I have tried to use more or less the same software, I am reasonably sure that when it was running XP, it used to use quicktime for most audio captchas, and they played with no problems. so I put quicktime on this machine, but they won't play. I have gone through all of the settings I can find, in both IE and quicktime, and can't find anything that would prevent them from playing. any suggestions as to how I can sort this issue out please?

Simon