Dad isn't going to be able to use the phono jacks since the jacks appear to be inputs only for video and audio. that would be like drilling for oil on a city street, it ain't gona happen..

----- Original Message ----- From: "Adrien Collins" <adriencollins22...@gmail.com>
To: "'PC audio discussion list. '" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2015 12:48 PM
Subject: help with an audio problem

Hi

My dad has problems hearing the tv, he has just got a set of
bluetooth headphones but he doesn't want to use the 3.5 ml
jack on the back of the tv, he would rather use the phono
connections on the tv but there are 5 connections but
according to the tv manual they are only for receiving audio
and not transmitting audio. We have tried using them but the
sound from the tv doesn't come through the audio part of the
5 set of phono connections. According to the manual you have
to use a pair of two plugs plus a set of 3 but they are not
audio out. If we plug the headphones in the rear of the
satellite box, the headphones work perfectly but he cannot
get the sound from the dvd through the satellite, only
through the tv. The dvd doesn't have a scart connection on
it, only hdmi. The satellite doesn't have a hdmi connection
only scart and one pair of phono connectors. We have looked
at hdmi to scart converters, they are very expensive. On my
own tv setup I have the tv and dvd connected to the
satellite and I am able to hear everything through my
surround system. According to the questions and answers
concerning the particular headphones the senheizer rs170,
you can get a special adapter that creates another 3.5 ml
connection on the rear of the tv but I know little about
this kind of thing. Dad doesn't want to have to keep
unplugging the headphones from the tv, plus if we all want
to listen to the tv, it won't be possible without several
sets of headphones, what is the best way around this please?
Dad is insisting on using the phono connections. Help!!

Regards

Adrien

---
is active.