One reason for a profile that I can think of is how you want the program to handle track titles. For example, for a single artist CD I don't want the artist's name to appear in the title of every track. However, for a various artists compilation, of which I have quite a lot, I do want the name of the artist to appear in each track title. That's just a small example. There may be other reasons to have profiles, but I can't think of any right off the bat.
Evan

-----Original Message----- From: Aidan
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 1:51 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Looking for An Accessible CD Ripper

I don't really understand the need for profiles when ripping cd's?
Another one wich I like and wich is free, is called mp3 ripper. It can
be downloaded from www.accmeware.com
If the website don't work, let me no.

On 11/02/2015, Mac Norins <macata...@cox.net> wrote:
OK, I may look into it but am using Exact Audio Copy, at present andCD
Burner XP for my other content.

Thanks,

Mac