Hi all,
I have several olympus recorders, including the dm520, and the dm7.
Also I like the dm7, I still use my very small dm520 as it fits easily in my
bag, and the leather case for it still gives me access to the controls and has
a clip i can clip it on to things.
The dm7 has a pouch type case which means I'm for ever having to get it out the
case to record, which is a pain in the neck. I have used the iphone app, which
is accessible, but it's very annoying to use the wifi function to upload files
to dropbox. First you have to connect the dm7 to the phone, which requires some
one to read the password to tell the phone to connect with it. Then you
download the files on to the phone and then use your wifi network to upload
them to dropbox. I every used this while travelling but it's still a pain.
And the case issue is a huge issue to me as I cant clip it on to myself or
anything and i cant use the recorder in the case.
My dm520 is still working perfectly. The only thing missing is that I cant find
a wind shield for it, so if anyone knows, let me know where I can buy one.
Anyway, that's my thoughts on the dm7 and dm520.
Hope this helps someone,
Steph

Mitchell Piano Studio
Phone: 0450354342