hi there please can u tell me where i can obtain easy cd converter?
from the ross meister
www.laserhothits.co.uk
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dane Trethowan" <grtd...@internode.on.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 4:41 AM
Subject: Re: Freedb issue.

I don't even bother with CD databases as they're usually so inaccurate in the first places - ain't like they used to be you know -.

When I rip Audio CD'S for books the first thing I do - having obtained the book title - is to go to the Google Book Search and type in the title, that brings up an information page thus I then can enter the data as need be.

I Use Easy CD Converter for Windows or XLD for the Mac but I prefer Easy CD Converter much of the time.

Anyway I have a Profile for talking books where particular parameters are set for the MP3 encoder, the naming scheme is set to Track Number -its audio books we're talking about and they usually don't have any particular track titles - and so on.

Its a shame that people won't use anything other than toys like iTunes to Rip their CD'S and I don't shy away from saying this either, iTunes - and many other rippers are toys nothing more and nothing less -, they do not look for errors on CD'S for example and before anyone says there aren't any, you wouldn't know unless you had an accurate ripper that generated a log for you of ripping results, Easy CD Converter, XLD and Exact Audio Copy are amongst the few that do this as well as emplying advanced error correction and retry methods.

Yes, ripping can take a little longer - say 20 minutes instead of 2 - but the length is worth it as you get a truly accurate product.