Gary, By any chance, have you tried the program called Burnaware Free? I think it meets all three of your requirements, but I have never encountered the problem of name shortening when creating mp3 files. The latest version which is 7 something is not as accessible as earlier versions, but if interested, just let me know, and I will put up a Dropbox link for the program.

Don Roberts