Hi!

Decided to have a go at doing this with VLC Media Player for Windows, found a
very nice tutorial on the subject.

Firstly if you’re using Window-Eyes and you wish to have a go at doing this
then I suggest you forget it, by default Window-Eyes won’t even read the
dialogue boxes and thus you won’t be able to select the information you require.

I don’t know about JAWS as I’ve not had time to explore the various options in
VLC for ripping/converting but I have had time use NVDA and it worked quite
well.

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.