From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 7:35 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Video Recording From Your PC, What's Next?

Hi!

I was very sad to learn that Microsoft have decided not to continue the
development of Windows Media Centre which came as a standard part of Windows 7
Home Premium and above and was available as an optional extra for Windows 8.x,
it won’t be available for Windows 10.

So what does one do for video recording on a Windows computer.

There’s only one option I know of and that’s XBMC however the last time I tired
this with Windows 7 I couldn’t access it in any way shape or form, there might
be ways to set it up so it can be controlled or accessed from the XBMC
Controller Smart Phone Apps and that’s something I’m investigating.

So - assuming all is lost for Windows - what now?

It looks as though its time to place some faith in the FetchTV Set Top Box.

The Smart Phone Apps are very accessible to the point where you can schedule
programmes to be recorded from the TV guide.

So what’s all this got to do with the Windows PC? The recordings you make can
be accessed by our computer if you want to do things that way, you can play
them with Windows Media Player, VLC or whatever.

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.