Hi!

I've not tried this yet but hope to do so in the coming days.

The DAR-101 from Sangean is designed to work with radio sets - in particular the ATS-909X and CC 2 series - both of which also boast facilities for a timer to turn the radio on and off at specific times for recording, the DAR-101 has a built-in timer which can be set to start and stop recording at specific times along with the turning on and off of the radio connected to it.

Recording is to a SD card, 32GB cards are recommended.

The format is in MP3 with either of 3 bit rates, 64, 128 and 192K which is quite acceptable for the recording of radio broadcasts, no PCM Wave uncompressed setting which is unfortunate.

Microphones can be used with the DAR-101 if you wish to make voice recordings, I'm not sure whether this recorder has built-in microphones, if it does then nothing of this has been mentioned.

A nice addition to this recorder is a "Digital Out" connection, the recordings can be played through a DAC or other Hi-Fi setup so better quality audio may be enjoyed.

--

Those who don't need help are prepared to help themselves